Medication for Diarrhea
The medications for diarrhea involve various absorbents. The two main absorbents are attapulgite and polycarbophil, and they are both available without prescriptions.
Examples of products containing attapulgite are:
• Kaopectate Advanced Formula,
• Parepectolin, and
Examples of products containing polycarbophil are:
• Konsyl Fiber,
• Mitrolan, and
The shorter and acute form of loose motion does not require administration of antibiotics; they are not necessary for bacterial infections of this form. However, the use of antibiotics requires one of the following conditions to be satisfied for its justification.
• If the severity and persistence of the disease is high
• The condition of the patient is defined by additional diseases like lung disease, AIDS and heart problems.
• In case of a parasite attack in the intestinal column.
• In case of a traveler’s diarrhea condition.